Gavin Harmon

Tallaght to Sydney

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Unemployment

No its not a write up about the Kaiser Chiefs album. (because thats called employment..doh!)


I was just thinking of you all back home in Ireland working away and probably very unhappy with your lives. So I thought I would try and cheer you up a little. You think you have it hard.
It's not easy being unemployed here you know. During the day with nothing to do we have to drag ourselves to the beach. Terrible!!
The game of 'spot the Irish' is getting ridiculously easy now. We're the ugliest people on the face of the earth...seriously!! The game of spot the Brazilian is equally simple but far more pleasurable. They (i.e. the women) have the most amazing arses in the world(I am not a pervert I am just quoting Kelly!!).. and they all wear G-strings. And how do we compete with them.. with guts.. beer guts !! But we don't even cover it up. And we wouldn't know how to anyway..if it's not a balloon on a beach then it's a football shirt on the streets. Talk about culture..how many jerseys can you fit in a backpack ??
I'm not pretending that I don't belong to this nation.. I sit amongst the uglies, at the head of the table. My reassurance, being told by your uncle that you must have been beaten by an ugly stick, or that you must have horsed buckets of ugly tablets into you. Discovering the valentine cards you received were not from an admirer but from your dad hammers the nail further !!
We are in dire need of cross breeding with a good looking nation. Send out the distress call..use drink and darkness as your strength..…for gods sake stay away from the light !!


Today I bought a boogee board. Best investment ever for $50. Caught some great waves . One wiped me out.. I was speeding back towards the beach and rapidly gaining ground on a kid coming into the water. I had to try and turn from him but when I did the wave folded on me and I went tumbling. It was either me or him and I choose me.. talk about stupid.. should have knocked the little bastard out and thought him a lesson on the dangers of water.


As for the night.. well what else could you get up to but socializing in pubs.. to try and help you sleep better of course. Here's one photo where we dragged an innocent woman walking past and got a photo taken with her. Kelly said I saw her 'assets' and latched onto her.. but lets be honest.. they were looking at me first. I just accepted the invitation!



So really you can tell that we're not having that much fun at all.. we'd rather be at home hugging ourselves and waiting for the 5 day summer.. honest !

2 Comments:

  • At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good that your having fun there ginger! Feel so sorry about you being unemployed, seems that you are really worried.
    And c'mon the irish aint so ugly not after 10 pints anyway.
    good blog mate keep it up..and get a real job!

     
  • At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That bloke with the grey t-shirt is rather cute looking....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home