Gavin Harmon

Tallaght to Sydney

Saturday, August 12, 2006

SNOW IN SYDNEY....


...did not happen so don't be alarmed....We had to drive 500k for that.


A 2 day trip to Canberra was on the agenda for a weekend break. The plan was to take in all the sights Canberra,and report good things back to the negative talkers of Sydney. And that's exactly what we did..So after 2 hours we were bored and went shopping !
Not to worry , only a whole, long weekend to go. A quick look at the map showed a mountainous range about 180k further south.

They were called... "The snowy mountains".. my brain went into overdrive, thinking of what could possibly be waiting for us. Something in the back of my mind led me to believe that there might be snow there.. call it womens intuition if you like, but sometimes I just have it and I can see it all!
Onwards..after a nights rest of course !


Another 2 and half hour drive was all it took to reach the mountains. To my surprise there were hundreds of other snow seekers there, someone must have tipped them off. For $50 you can rent all the equipment you need. Another $100 for a lift ticket and away you go..fall..and away you..ohps..and...




There are but a few times in life when its considered lucky to be bow legged.. it comes in handy when you suffer from gigantism of the groin region for example ! Another example is when you are learning to ski.

Keeping those knees tucked in really helps..I tried to explain to Kelly that when I decided to lye down at full speed that it was merely to check camera angles for a good shot later.




The ski instructor didn't seem to believe me either so he decided to tag along with me for a while. Together we watched Kelly wiz around the piste.. If I hear the phrase "snow plough..snow plough" one more time ! Naturally I became the master after a while..
which means if ever suffer from gigantism myself( a possibility after one particular fall) ill know what to do..just took in those knees and offer plenty of support upstairs!


Will definitely book a skiing holiday next year !

Back in Canberra the next day we visited Parliament. A group of school kids were receiving a talking to from a politician.. He loved his job because he gets to help so many people. A large amount of people walking past were tempted to cough bullsh*t. The con starts at an early age I tells ye.... of course they do help lots of people, but they mainly work in parliament too !

3 Comments:

  • At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well done!

     
  • At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello!!! ok now yis have shown off how great yis are at skiing, please update-I'm bored!

     
  • At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You keeping a low profile in Sydney??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home