Gavin Harmon

Tallaght to Sydney

Saturday, March 11, 2006

4th March 2006



Ahh the Birthdays.. Matt(a non birthday person), Deco and myself out for a game of golf bright and early. Poor Deco got off to a bad start.. lost the game to the younger man with more hair who doesn't have to reach as far to bless himself. He came within whiskers of leveling the match midway but missed a sitter..eye sight starts to fade at 34 ye know. But lets not focus on the negative.. I won!!




Went for a victorious breakfast with Matt, Dec, Gav and Peachy. We had to take a break while Deco threw a traditional fit. This weeks fit was because Matt kindly put sugar in his tea. How was he to know Deco didn't like sugar. So we all sat around and talked amongst ourselves for a couple of minutes and waited on Taz to calm down. He maturely responded by putting tea in my coffee. "See how you like it". I'd ask what age he was but it was an easy one for him on the day that was in it.
Cheers to the fake Gav for brekkie.

The grumpy birthday boy tagged along with Kelly and myself into town. He kept talking about Gav 'Russle' all day..how good looking he was and all that.(and from reading Deco's blog im now convinced he fancies him).
Kelly bought me a pair of fins for body boarding which are class, and clearly miles better than Matt's.

After seeing the pictures of golf I realised a haircut was long overdue. I give up on the hair growing. So I took what was once described(rather inaccurately of course) as my "orange hair and orange face" to the barbers. Naturally I got the freak who's been building a thermonuclear shelter in his basement and stocking up on tinned food for 12 years. George Bush is a nice man underneath it all and John Howard has done a lot for him. Still, I've learned not to argue with a man that holds a scissors in his hands.

Deco's cut was $5 cheaper than mine on account of the volume of hair and far less painful on the ears too. I handed Deco a lighter for his birthday to assist in the killing of himself ....he gave me a scarf ...A scarf.. im in the warmest country I've ever been in and I get a scarf ! Not just any ole scarf though.. A Sydney FC one.. so I can't wear it again for another 4 months. Thanks for the gift old man !



Brillo night out.. Everyone pretended to turn up for Deco but I know it was for me. The fact that everyone kept saying "Is it Gav's birthday too?" didn't fool me. You guys !! Shucks!!




An American girl turned up later on and it was her birthday too..amazing indeed! (To think it was just me and Shakin' Stevens that shared the same day).I've never met an American that didn't like high five's so i decided to chance my arm..well hand !! Great response "Oh yeah..high five me man"..all night !!






and this is the result of it all!!

8 Comments:

  • At 6:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hows that novel you've been working on coming along... you know the one

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    nice swing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey dude,
    Looks good - and nehat is this novel he's talking about, surely not a rival to MonkeyCop!!
    Keep ironing the undies
    Paul

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nothing can rival Monkey Cop. Enjoying your blog Gav. You are having a great time by the looks of it.

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This one's getting a bit old now Gav.

    Ironing the undies??!!!

    So I'm not the only one that's notice this.

     
  • At 1:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    gav, deccos finished his fry and your still eating!! what this about undies?
    floozee

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jees man - I thought I was being lazy checking in once a month - write something will ye!!

     
  • At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Howayehs Gav!! Just wanted to wish you a very Happy Birthday in case you didn't get my text. Hope you have a great day filled with joy and frivolity. I remember when I turned 30..... twas a sad day. Hope you're coping. Say hello to Kelly, take care

    Derek

     

Post a Comment

<< Home